Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! - Dr. Seuss

Monday, April 22, 2013

Assignment - Background

Good day and thanks for stopping by.
Today I have an owl I did as a practice doing backgrounds.  I really struggle with backgrounds - have a hard time knowing when to stop, how many layers to use, combining colours in different layers. About the only thing I don't have trouble with is texture.  This owl started out as a background exercise but I never know what the background will look like until I add a foreground image.
I love how the dripping looks but don't know whether I should have added something else or not.  ???
The owl is acrylics and I decided to do him so that he almost sinks into the background - I think I accomplished that part of my goal.
If anyone has hints or suggestions - comments are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input.