Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! - Dr. Seuss

Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Whimsical Owlet

It appears my whimsical world is expanding.  I did this mixed media canvas today.
This little owlet is possibly my favourite mixed media project to date.  He is painted and collaged on to a painted night scene.  This is the largest painting I have created so far (14X10"). I painted the background a mixture of blues and greys and then used a credit card to do the ground and grass.  The trees are a series of curly branches with tendrils and berries/flowers on the ends.
I love how my cute owl turned out.  He is simply sketched on paper, painted and then cut out and glued down with gel medium.  All paints are acrylics.
Hope you like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input.