Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! - Dr. Seuss

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baking Cupcakes

Good snowy morning!
Today I have a water colour I did (or should I say two water colours) representing a friend of mine who loves to bake cupcakes and cakes.
The above is a version which she approved from a sketch- until it was done.  She now says she likes everything in it -except- she would like the glasses changed to the heavier, half moon ones of the original.
This is the original one.  When she saw it, she asked that I increase the bust area and darken the hair.  
Now, these are water colours , not drawings, so changing the glasses means doing yet another painting.  I will do one more but, if she wants something else changed, I just cannot keep painting the same thing.
I know she asked me to do this painting but I soooo feel that once a sketch is approved, that is the version which should be the final result.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input.